In the game, it took me 5 generations to win the game. I believe it took this long, because I did not choose the necessary evolutions, as long legs were susceptible to cold, and stripes sometimes had no results. This game, compared to real life, shows how species, to survive a million years, will have to constantly evolve in order to fit their needs. Also, the species will have to build immunities to disease and flee from catastrophic events such as typhoons, eruptions, and tornadoes in order to survive and proliferate.
The initial phenotypes I chose were the long necks and stripes, as long necks allowed my species to reach food, while the stripes provided as camouflage against predators. The combinations that eventually allowed me to win the game however, were long necks and long legs, as the necks allowed easy access to food, while the long legs allowed for the option to flee.
I was always trying to input late evolutions, so genetic drift proved a problem. This was an issue, because the trait I desired sometimes did not resurface in other organisms, and sometimes just died out. Due to genetic drift, my genes would differ in the gene pool, as there was no way to predict if it would change in quantity or die out.
The phenotypes that seemed to be dominant were long necks and stripes, as they reappeared when I tried to input different evolutions. The recessive genes seemed to be short legs, as they were rarely seen or used.
In the game there were many different settings and appearances. In cold environments, your species would have to be furry, have short legs, or a short neck to increase chances of survival. However, in hot conditions, the specie was preferred to have a thin figure, and less fur. If a new predator entered the scene, the ideal option was to have long legs and stripes, so the species could hide and flee. Tall food sources have an easy solution, as all they required was long necks so the species would be able to reach.
To improve the simulation, I would input the ability to craft new items, create new shelters, and have the option of weapons. These improvement would also need to have more opposition, such as more environments, storms, and predators. To improve the game, I suggest it to have more options and more reactions. This way, the species will be superior to all others if it were to survive.
No comments:
Post a Comment